Event is FINISHED
Learning Journey to Sembcorp's Facilities
Meeting Point: Westgate
With investments of more than S$20 million, Jurong Island has been a key pillar of Singapore’s economy since its opening almost 2 decades ago. Have you ever wondered what happens in one of the world’s leading energy and chemical industrial hubs? Sign up for this rare opportunity to get an inside look of how the island operates, as the public will be granted special access to Sembcorp’s secured facilities on Jurong Island.
You will be given a glimpse of Sembcorp’s operations on the island, from essential services like our power generation and wastewater treatment facilities, technology & innovation centre, which houses researchers and engineers who develop innovative processes and test new technologies, to our advanced global asset management system, first-of-its-kind in Singapore, which allows us to conduct real-time monitoring of our assets around the world for optimisation and predictive maintenance. And you will see the part we played in creating a complex, interdependent network of shared infrastructure that spans across the island today.
Join us for an eye-opening tour that will help you understand Singapore’s industrial sector and development.
What to bring/wear:
• Please bring your NRIC for verification purpose on the day of the visit.
• For foreigner please bring your passport on the day of the visit.
• For foreigner with WP/S/E pass please bring your FIN card and passport on the day of the visit
• Trousers (no shorts or skirts)
• Shoes (fully covered and non-heeled)
What NOT to bring:
• Cameras (not allowed on Jurong Island)
• Ignition devices such as lighters and matches (you may be asked to surrender these items when entering Restricted Areas)
Rules of Conduct
• Strictly NO photography or video-taking is allowed.
• Strictly adhere to all safety instructions.
• Be considerate and keep your voice levels low during the site visit, so as not to disrupt your fellow participants and/or site operations.
• Stay within your assigned group at all times.
2.00 - 5.00pm
*Kindly arrive 15 minutes before the start of the tour as the tour will begin on time.
Please wear comfortable walking shoes and bring along a bottle of water.
*Participants must be 13 years old and above.
Electronic or printed ticket(s) must be presented in order to join this tour.
Please take note of the following:
• Once all tour slots are filled, we do not accept walk-ins.
• We do not accept cash payment.
• No refund/exchange of tickets is allowed under any circumstance except for tour cancellation.
• The tour may be partly or totally cancelled due to inclement weather or for other reasons affecting the tour. Participants will receive a full refund in the case of tour cancellation.
• By agreeing to join the tour, each participant shall be responsible for any injury, loss of damage due to carelessness of other actions on his/her part or that of children under his/her charge.
For more enquiries, please email NHB_SHF@nhb.gov.sg.
- The event description was updated. Diff#327453 2018-03-29 14:06:04
Want to find more groups and events like this?